- software engineers
- aged between 21 and 45
- working for a software company in Mysore
insomnia and sleep quality
-> Insomnia Screening Questionnaire
# 複数の “Insomnia Screening Questionnaire” が存在するのかもしれないが、 Google で上位にきたには次のもの。
- Do you have trouble falling asleep?
- Do you have trouble staying asleep?
- Do you wake up un-refreshed?
- Do you take anything to help you sleep?
- Do you use alcohol to help you sleep?
- Do you have any medical condition that disrupts your sleep?
- Have you lost interest in hobbies or activities?
- Do you feel sad, irritable, or hopeless?
- Do you feel nervous or worried?
- Do you think something is wrong with your body?
- Are you a shift worker or is your sleep schedule irregular?
- Are your legs restless and/or uncomfortable before bed?
- Have you been told that you are restless or that you kick your legs in your sleep?
- Do you have any unusual behaviours or movements during sleep?
- Do you snore?
- Has anyone said that you stop breathing, gasp, snort, or choke in your sleep?
- Do you have difficulty staying awake during the day
quality of life
-> SF 36 Health Survey Questionnaire
- 一般人は normal 77%
- SEは normal 44%, mild 35%, severe 21%
- younger engineers were more likely to be insomniacs than their older counterparts
- more women suffered from mild insomnia than men
- more men suffered from severe insomnia than women
Sara Sarrafi Zadeh, Khyrunnisa Begum. Association Between Insomnia and Quality of Life: An Exploratory Study Among Software Engineers. Applied Research in Quality of Life, 2010; DOI: 10.1007/s11482-010-9131-5